Mobile Deposit allows customers to deposit checks to their Tempo
Bank checking account using the camera on their smart phone or
- Enroll in online banking
(if not already)
- Download our Tempo Bank app from the Apple or Google
Play Store (if you have not already done so)
- View the
and Conditions (PDF)
- Print and sign the
Agreement (PDF), and return to us
How to Make a Deposit
- Endorse check and write "For mobile deposit
only, Tempo Bank" above your signature
- Log in to your banking app
- Tap on the camera
- Choose the account to credit
- Type in dollar amount
- Tap Next
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check
- Yes to deposit!
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your
- Place check on a solid dark background that won't
reflect your camera flash
- Make sure there is plenty of light on the check
- Capture all four corners of the check by holding
phone/tablet directly overhead (avoid skew)
- Check to make sure that no other objects are included in
the photo frame
- If your image is blurry, move the camera a few inches
higher (away from check)
- Try turning off the flash if you're having problems with
quality or lighting
- The app reads the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of
your check) and the amount box; make sure both are readable
- Carefully enter the amount to ensure it matches the
- Deposit check before 3:30 pm for same-day credit
- Notify us within three days if deposit does not show
- Keep check for sixty days, then shred
- View your deposit history under the Deposits tab
- Make sure your app is up to date (open app store to
review installed apps and ones pending approval for updates)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to use Mobile Deposit?
To be eligible you must...
- be a current Tempo Bank customer with an active checking
- be enrolled in online banking,
- have demonstrated financial responsibility with all Tempo Bank
- have a smartphone or tablet
- meet with a personal banker to get set up (agreement/approval
If I am a business, can I sign up for Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is available for personal accounts only.
Does Mobile Deposit cost anything?
We do not charge a monthly fee. Ten checks deposited a month are
free. After the tenth check, there is a $0.35 charge per check.
On the first day of the next month, your count resets.
Are there limits for deposits made through Mobile Deposit?
Yes, individual check and daily limits will be determined when a
personal banker sets your access.
Do I need a deposit slip to make a deposit?
No. By taking a picture of the front and back of your check, we
will create an electronic deposit slip.
I selected the wrong account for deposit. What should I do?
Once the check is credited to your account, you can perform a
funds transfer between your accounts and the funds will be
What type of checks can I deposit?
Checks made payable to you and drawn on a bank within the United
States can be deposited through Mobile Deposit. Some business
size checks (the long ones) may not work.
How do I endorse the back of my check?
Regardless of how the check is made payable, every check should
include for mobile deposit only, Tempo Bank above signature.
If the check is made out to just you, sign your name on the
back. If the check is made out to two people, properly signing
it can be tricky. Recently married couples may run into issues
here. When in doubt, have both people sign the check.
When the word “AND” is used
Example: John Smith AND Susan Smith
The check can be accepted if:
- Both people are on the account and both endorse the check
The check may be rejected if:
- Only one person is on the account and no one endorses the check
- Only one person is on the account and the only endorsement is by
- Only one person is on the account and both people endorse the
- Only one person is on the account and the non-customer endorses
- Both people are on the account and only one customer endorses
When the word “OR” is used
Example: John Smith OR Susan Smith
The check will be accepted as long as the check has been
endorsed by one of the people
Why was my deposit declined?
There may be a few different reasons to have your check
declined for deposit:
- If the check amount is over your daily or per check
limit, it will decline. If so, please call us to raise your
- It's possible that you may have an outdated version of
the app. Please update it by going into your app store and
manually select update.
- The image of the check may be unclear or skewed. See
photo tips above.
- If the amount is not printed in a box on the right side
of the check, the app may not be able to find it (typically
the case with a unique check like a rebate check). Please
call to confirm or drop off for deposit at any of our
Why do I have deposit limits?
We set limits as a safeguard against check fraud. This is a
regulation from the federal government. The good news is that we
can raise limits (within reason) for customers as needed. Please
contact one of our personal bankers if this is needed.
Why are there special endorsement requirements?
There are three main reasons:
- By noting "for mobile deposit only," you have just
safeguarded that check in the chance it were to drift into
the wrong hands and someone were to try to cash it again
(since you've already endorsed it).
- The special endorsement helps you remember that it was
in fact processed since it stays in your possession!
The check I deposited was returned. Can I re-scan it?
No, you cannot re-scan the returned check. Your account will
be assessed a returned item fee and you will receive a copy of
the deposited item. It is best you get a new check to deposit to
avoid any further delays.